Zucchini Bean & Cheese Burritos
Bean and cheese burritos get a healthy makeover with the addition of grated zucchini. This is a great recipe to double and freeze extra for quick meals on the go.
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 16-oz can refried beans
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 6 Tbsp cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced, optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add grated zucchini and garlic to pan. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add refried beans and salsa to pan and cook until heated through.
- Place about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of filling on one side of tortilla. Sprinkle with one tablespoon of cheese. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and then roll into a burrito. Set aside and repeat with remaining tortillas until all of the filling is used.
- Wipe out the skillet used for the filling and spray with cooking spray. Put over medium heat then place burrito in pan and brown for a minute on each side. This step is optional and could be skipped if preferred.
- Serve burritos with sliced avocado and salsa.
- Use the large holes on a cheese grater to quickly grate the zucchini.
- Make a double batch of these easy burritos and freeze the extras for a quick meal when you need it.
Calories: 326kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 12gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 878mgFiber: 9gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!