Garden Mushroom and Beef Meatloaf
Mushrooms and carrots are blended into ground beef for healthier and more flavorful meatloaf. See the notes below the recipe for a slow cooker option.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1.25 lb lean ground beef
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms minced
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1/2 cup carrots grated
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar diced
- 4 tbsp ketchup divided
Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef through the cheese. Add 1 tablespoon of the ketchup and mix well.
3. Place the meat mixture in a greased loaf pan. Spread the remaining ketchup on top of meatloaf.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Chef’s Note: Use a food processor to finely chop the vegetables for speedier preparation. If you don't have a loaf pan, you can form into a loaf and cook on a jelly roll pan. A slow cooker could also be used for prepping early in the day and cooking on low for 6-8 hours.
Make Ahead: Save some time during the week and chop your vegetables over the weekend and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
[ultimate-nutrition-label id="3984" align="left"]
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 247mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g