Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
This recipe makes a lot! You get 2 loaves out of it so you can freeze one for later or share with a friend.
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, applesauce, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir just until mixed, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and chopped nuts, if using. Pour batter into greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove the bread from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Chef's Note: If using small loaf pans, bake at 300 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Calories: 112kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 3gFat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 132mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!