Whole Wheat Corn Muffins
These corn muffins are a riff on class cornbread and thanks to canned cream corn, have some chunks of corn to make these muffins even better.
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup canned creamed corn
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and creamed corn. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Place muffin paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Evenly divide the mixture among the papers. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Chef's Note: Serve out the remaining creamed corn as a side dish another night or better yet, double the recipe and use the whole can if you purchased a larger can. Freeze the extra for later. Nutrition Nugget: Did you know that white whole wheat flour is just as nutritious as darker whole wheat flour? The only difference between the two flours is that white whole wheat flour does not contain any "bran" genes that create the color of the darker whole wheat flour. White whole wheat flour is also milder in flavor so many like to use this for cooking purposes. Find out more about the differences at the Whole Wheat Council.
Calories: 168kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 4gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 209mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!