Whipped Carrots and Parsnips
Carrots and parsnips are cooked and then pureed together to make a tangy side dish the whole family will love.
- 12 oz carrots peeled and sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 16 oz parsnips peeled and sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Steam carrots and parsnips until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer carrots and parsnips to a food processor. Add butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Serve warm.
Chef’s Note: For even more flavor, try roasting the carrots and parsnips rather than steaming before pureeing them.
Calories: 160kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 2gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 181mgFiber: 7gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!