Wheaties Oven Baked Ravioli
Jazz up your normal ravioli recipe with this St. Louis inspired healthier rendition of fried ravioli! Kids love to dip them in their favorite marinara sauce!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Wheaties
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 lb frozen spinach & cheese ravioli, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then place a wire rack on top. Spray the wire rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place Wheaties cereal in a food processor and chop until they are a very fine texture like bread crumbs. In a medium sized bowl, mix the cereal crumbs, flour, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Put the egg whites into another medium sized bowl.
- Dip each ravioli fully in the egg white and then in cereal crumb mixture, pressing the mixture onto the ravioli to help it adhere. Place each ravioli on the wire rack. Repeat until all ravioli are breaded. Thoroughly spray the top of each ravioli with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place ravioli in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the ravioli over, spray with cooking spray and cook for another 5 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- Serve the ravioli with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
- If your kids do not like Spinach & Cheese ravioli, choose their favorite kind. We like the spinach ravioli for the extra nutrition boost from the spinach.
- This is the perfect dipping dish. Give your kids their own small ramekin of marinara sauce for a fun dipping experience for your kids!
- If you’d like to save the step of defrosting the ravioli, you can buy ravioli in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
- If you prefer some extra crunch, you can cook the ravioli on each side a bit longer than suggested. Just be sure to watch it so it does not burn.
- This also makes a great appetizer!