Tomato Basil Bread Salad
Toasting bread and adding it to a "salad" of tomatoes and cucumbers adds some crunch and flavor. Olives and artichokes would be welcome additions to the salad if you want even more vegetable variety.
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups whole grain bread cubes toasted
- 2 cups English cucumber chopped
- 2 cups tomato seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss to combine. Serve immediately so the bread doesn’t become soggy.
Calories: 175kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 6gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 314mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!