Summer Vegetable Pasta
This is a versatile vegetarian pasta dish that can use a variety of different vegetables, based on your own preferences. If you want more protein, add some white beans to the mix.
- 1/2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas thawed
- 1/2 cup zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 oz Neufchatel cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz fusilli pasta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, peas, zucchini, and red pepper; sauté 1 minute. Add vegetable stock and simmer for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low then add lemon juice, Neufchatel cheese, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Add drained pasta to vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Stir in parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Chef’s Tip: Add some fresh basil to the dish at the end if you like. Mix it up: Switch out the veggies listed for others from your own garden, your local farmers market, or whatever you have on hand.
Calories: 379kcalCarbohydrates: 54gProtein: 15gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 483mgFiber: 7gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!