Strawberry and Blueberry Kale Power Salad
Nothing beats summer fresh strawberries and blueberries in a salad as it balances the sometimes bitter flavor of greens.
- 6 cups baby kale washed and dried
- 1/4 cup poppy seed dressing or dressing of choice
- 3/4 cup strawberries sliced
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Place the kale and the dressing in a bowl. Massage the dressing into the kale and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the fruit and feta cheese just before serving, tossing well.
Mix It Up: Use any of your family’s favorite salad dressings. Nutrition Nugget: This is a POWER salad!! In just one serving, you get over 100% of your daily needs for Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A! The kale is the key contributor of Vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting.
Calories: 164kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 6gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 230mgFiber: 5gSugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!