Spiced pecans make a wonderful addition to salads. Try out this combination: spiced pecans, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette over mixed greens.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet pan.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar, water, salt, and spices to butter. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add nuts to butter and sugar mixture. Cook until the mixture has thickened and coats the nuts well, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer nuts to baking sheet and spread out in a single layer. Bake in the oven about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Calories: 115kcalCarbohydrates: 4.1gProtein: 1.3gFat: 11.2gSaturated Fat: 1.7gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 85mgFiber: 1.3gSugar: 2.7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!