Speedy Chicken Stroganoff
Stroganoff is a quick and easy dinner for a weeknight. This version uses chicken breast rather than the traditional beef.
- 12 oz whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 16 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in large nonstick pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through. Work in batches if needed. Once cooked, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onions to the pan. Sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in the flour then add the broth and white wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and put chicken back in pan along with any collected juices. Stir in the sour cream, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes, stirring often. Serve over egg noodles.
Calories: 326kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 34gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 288mgFiber: 2gSugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!