Slow Cooker Weekday Pork Loin
This is the perfect easy recipe for a whole pork loin, which are often on sale at the grocery store. It can easily be prepared on a weeknight and will make your family think you spent longer cooking than you actually did!
- slow cooker
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 lb pork loin trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups less sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the pork loin.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the pork loin on all sides and then transfer the pork loin to the slow cooker. (Browning the pork loin is an optional step but adds flavor).
- In a small bowl, stir together the chicken broth, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Pour over the pork loin, then cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Once the pork is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and place on a large cutting board and cover to keep warm.
- To make the gravy, pour the remaining juices in the slow cooker into a liquid measuring cup. If it doesn’t measure 2 cups, then add water so that it does equal 2 cups. Pour into a small sauce pan, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. Bring to a boil. Stir the cornstarch into the reserved liquid and stir well. Add to the sauce pan and stir well to combine. Continue to stir frequently until the gravy thickens. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Slice the pork loin and serve with the gravy.
Make Ahead: This recipe makes a lot of meat so it's a great opportunity to save some for another meal.
Calories: 283kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 35gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 547mgSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!