Slow Cooker Vegetarian Sweet Potato Chili
This easy dump and go slow cooker chili is packed with flavor and you'll never notice it is vegetarian. The beans and sweet potatoes make it extra hearty too.
- slow cooker
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz can no-salt added black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can no-salt added kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water
- Put all of the ingredients in a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for about 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Chili should thicken and sweet potatoes will be tender.
- Serve the chili with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, scallions, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.
Nutrition Nugget: Check out the fiber in this chili! Women should get 25g of fiber per day and men should aim for 38g. Including whole grains, vegetables, beans, and fruit in your meals will help you reach your fiber goal.
Calories: 309kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 15gFat: 2gSodium: 446mgFiber: 17gSugar: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!