Slow Cooker Turkey Pumpkin Chili
This chili recipe is perfect for fall combining ground turkey and pumpkin. It comes together quickly and then cooks all day for even more flavor.
- slow cooker
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 small bell pepper diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and diced
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 14.5 oz can Great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies drained
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp coriander
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and jalapeno pepper, cooking for an additional 3 minutes. Add the ground turkey breast and cook until brown and no longer pink. Stir often to crumble.
- Dump turkey mixture into the slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients and set the slow cooker to cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. Add more liquid if needed to get your desired consistency. For a spicier chili, add some cayenne pepper or more jalapeno peppers.
- Serve and enjoy! Garnish chili with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese if preferred.
Calories: 251kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 23gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 142mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!