Slow Cooker Thai Chicken and Vegetable Curry
This Thai dish that comes together quickly and can be cooked all day in the slow cooker. It is a great way to use fresh, seasonal produce from the farmers market. The vegetables can be changed to suit your tastes.
- slow cooker
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 Tbsp less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 6-8 Thai eggplants quartered
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1/4 cup Thai basil chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut milk, curry paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar and ginger. Whisk well.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker. Pour the sauce over it. Add the remaining ingredients, except the Thai basil. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and roughly chop. Return to slow cooker. Stir in Thai basil. Serve over rice.
- This dish comes together quickly and can be cooked all day in the slow cooker. It is a great way to use fresh, seasonal produce from the farmers market. The vegetables can be changed to suit your tastes.
- Green curry paste can be found in the Asian section of most supermarkets. Red curry could be used instead if preferred.
- Thai eggplant are small and round. They are typically green and white. Any variety eggplant could be used instead, just chop into bite sized pieces.
Calories: 299kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 30gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 391mgFiber: 6gSugar: 13g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!