Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken
Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken is a dump and go slow cooker recipe that makes the busiest of weeknights easy. Plus, there are plenty of leftovers to be used for another meal.
- slow cooker
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced (about 6 cloves)
- 1 15-oz can no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 15-oz can Great norther beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Put the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, salt and pepper to the slow cooker and stir well to combine. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove the chicken breasts and add the beans and corn to the slow cooker. Shred the chicken with 2 forks then stir back into the slow cooker. Continue cooking on low until heated through. Right before serving, stir in the cilantro.
- Serve with tortillas or over rice with guacamole or sour cream.
Chef’s Note: Want to add some kick? Stir in some cayenne pepper or Chipotle chili powder at the end of the cooking time.
Calories: 295kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 42gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 272mgFiber: 7gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!