Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Black Beans
This is an easy dump and go slow cooker recipe that also gives you plenty for leftovers for other meals.
- slow cooker
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 2 lb pork loin roast trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 15-oz can no salt added black beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Spray slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Place half of the sliced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the pork roast on top. Season the pork with all of the spices. Put the remaining onions on top of the pork then add the black beans and salsa.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Shred the pork and stir together well with all of the other ingredients. Serve over rice or with tortillas.
Make Ahead: This dish makes extras so plan on freezing some for a later time when you have a busy night and are not able to cook. We all have those nights! Mix It Up: This can be also served with whole wheat tortillas instead of the rice. Make a nice wrap and throw in some extra salsa and avocado...YUM!
Calories: 276kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 40gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 628mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!