Slow Cooker Middle Eastern Ribs
Don’t be afraid of all of the spices – it comes together quickly and has such a wonderful flavor that you’ll be glad you did!
- slow cooker
- 4 lb pork loin back ribs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp anise seeds
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 navel orange
- Put the ribs in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cut the rack in half if needed to fit inside insert.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, coriander, fennel seeds, cumin, anise seeds, mustard, garlic powder, cinnamon, pepper and cloves. Rub the spice mixture over the ribs then drizzle with honey. Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice over the ribs. Place the orange halves in the slow cooker on either side of the ribs.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Use beef ribs rather than pork if preferred.
- This recipe makes a ton of yummy ribs. If you do not plan on using them for leftovers during the same week, freeze them. Once you defrost them, you can reheat them in the oven or microwave. If reheating in the oven, cover them with foil and reheat at 300ºF for about 20 minutes.
Calories: 449kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 48gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 344mgSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!