Slow Cooker Mediterranean Salmon
Keep summer alive with this slow cooker salmon dish, though feel free to substitute another fish and even other vegetables you may have hand. The beauty of this dish is its versatility. Seasoning amounts are approximate, adjust to your personal tastes.
- slow cooker
- 1 lb salmon fillets 4 pieces
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder divided
- 1 tsp onion powder divided
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper divided
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic minced (about 3 cloves)
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium zucchini quartered and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper julienned
- 1 medium tomato diced
- Use a 6 quart slow cooker and an oval oven safe dish, such as Pyrex, that will fit inside your slow cooker insert. Spray the oven safe dish well with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon fillets in the bottom of the oven safe dish. Season with half of the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Add the garlic, onion, zucchini, bell pepper and tomato. Season with remaining spices, herbs and olive oil and gently toss the vegetables to coat.
- Cover the oven safe dish with a glass lid if it has one or aluminum foil. Put the dish inside the slow cooker insert and then cover with the lid of the slow cooker. Cook on low for approximately 6 hours or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
Chef’s Note: If you do not have an oven safe dish that fits inside your slow cooker, then wrap the salmon and vegetables in aluminum foil and place inside the slow cooker.
Calories: 218kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 23gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 296mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!