Slow Cooker Lemon Caper Salmon
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 lemons, sliced into thin rounds, divided
- ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped or (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1 small jar capers (2.25 oz dry weight jar), undrained
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker and an oval oven safe dish, such as Pyrex, that will fit inside your slow cooker insert. Spray the oven safe dish well with cooking spray.
- Place a single layer of lemon slices directly in the oven safe dish and place the salmon fillet on top of the lemon slices.
- Drizzle the salmon with the olive oil and rub rosemary into olive oil until salmon is evenly coated. Place remaining lemon slices on salmon and pour capers and brine on top of salmon.
- Cover the oven safe dish with a glass lid if it has one or aluminum foil. Put the dish inside the slow cooker insert and then cover with the lid of the slow cooker. Cook on low for approximately 6 hours or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily. Salmon can be served warm immediately or cold the next day.
Chef's Note: If you do not have an oven safe dish that fits inside your slow cooker, then wrap the ingredients in aluminum foil and place inside the slow cooker.
Calories: 225kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 22gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 410mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!