Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Forget take-out, this slow cooker honey garlic chicken is so much better and by using the slow cooker can be ready for dinner in a flash.
- slow cooker
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch optional
- 2-3 green onions sliced (optional)
- sesame seeds optional
- Place chicken breast in 6-quart slow cooker. Mix honey, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, onion, and ¼ cup water in a small bowl. Whisk thoroughly and pour over chicken and cook 4-5 hours on low setting or until chicken is cooked through.
- After cooking, remove chicken breast from slow cooker and chop or shred. Add chicken back to pan and mix with sauce or if you want to thicken sauce before adding the chicken, see step 4.
- If you want to thicken the sauce, pour sauce into saucepan. Dissolve corn starch in 2 tablespoons of cold water then add to saucepan. Bring to a boil and allow to thicken for several minutes. Pour the sauce over the chicken and mix well.
- Serve honey garlic chicken over rice and top with green onions and sesames seeds as garnish.
Chef’s Note: Re-purpose the leftovers from this meal into another meal by making fried rice. In a large wok or skillet, heat up one 1 teaspoon of canola oil. Scramble an egg then push the egg to the side. Heat up another teaspoon of oil, add frozen Asian vegetable stir fry mix and stir fry for a few minutes. Then add cooked rice (leftover rice that is already chilled works better) and continue to stir fry for about 5 minutes. Add the leftover chicken and continue cooking until heated through.
Calories: 196kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 29gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 503mgFiber: 1gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!