Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, uncooked and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa (your favorite)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 10-oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- Spray the slow cooker insert with nonstick cooking spray. Add the uncooked quinoa, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, salsa, garlic, onion, bell pepper, water, enchilada sauce, and spices to the slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 3 ½ hours or on low for 6 hours. It is done when all of the liquid is absorbed, but be careful not to burn the quinoa. When ready to serve, remove the lid and stir in the cilantro. Add any other desired toppings after serving.
Make Ahead: This recipe is perfect to slow cook the day before while you cook then enjoy another dinner. By the time you finish cleaning up dinner, it will be ready to pop in the fridge for you to easily reheat the next day. Kid Friendly:
- Our kid’s loved this enchilada quinoa served on top of chips as nachos for dinner and wrapped up as a burrito the next day for lunch!
- We also like to serve this with tortilla chips for scooping!
- If your kids do not like spicy flavors like Lesley’s kids, you can leave out the chili powder. Lesley does not include it in any of the recipes we make and they all turn out great…just without the heat!
Calories: 210kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 9gFat: 3gSodium: 437mgFiber: 7gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!