Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie filling is made in the slow cooker and topped with a biscuit when it is served. Use our Whole Wheat Biscuits recipe or use store-bought dough if that is easier.
- slow cooker
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast diced
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots corn, peas and green beans)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp wondra quick-mixing flour
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whole Wheat Biscuits see notes below for the link to our recipe!
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker well with cooking spray. Add the chicken breast, frozen mixed vegetables, onion powder, marjoram, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Dissolve the wondra in the chicken broth and add to the slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile make the biscuits. Use a 2 ½ inch wide biscuit cutter (or a glass if you don’t have one) to cut out large biscuits. You should get 6 from the recipe.
- At the end of the cooking time, stir in the cream cheese and milk to the chicken mixture. Serve in bowls and top each with one half of a biscuit.
Whole Wheat Biscuits Simplify It: Use canned biscuit dough or biscuit mix from the store rather than make the biscuits from scratch if you are short on time. Make Ahead: Make the biscuits the day before to speed up preparation. Nutrition Nugget: Frozen vegetables can be just as nutritious as fresh. They are picked at their peak of ripeness and are immediately frozen to lock in their nutrients. Look for those without added sauces or seasonings. Nutrition facts are without biscuit topping.
Calories: 257kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 41gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 297mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!