Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
Using a slow cooker to make chicken parmesan is a great way to enjoy this dish on even the busiest of weeknights.
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large egg beaten
- 4 chicken breast halves boneless and skinless
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded, divided
- 26 oz marinara sauce
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning undrained
- Put the olive oil in the slow cooker insert and spread around to cover the bottom.
- In a large, shallow bowl combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper. In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture, coating well on all sides. Then place the chicken breast into the bottom of the slow cooker insert.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken breasts, then pour the marinara sauce and diced tomatoes over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Put on the lid and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Top each chicken breast with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese just before serving. Serve over spaghetti or your favorite pasta.
Make Ahead: Bread the chicken (steps 2-4) the night before so that in the morning you can quickly assemble the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker then set it and go!
Adapted from: http://www.ayearofslowcooking.com/2008/02/chicken-parmesan-crockpot-recipe.html
Calories: 274kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 28gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 506mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!