Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Tacos
Yes, you can cook ground beef in a slow cooker without browning it first! Combining beef and black beans in this recipe is a great way to stretch the meat for more meals as well as find another way to get healthy beans into your diet.
For meat mixture:
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 14.5-oz cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning Find the link to our homemade version below!
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups lettuce shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- Combine the ground beef, beans, taco seasoning and water in a 6-quart slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is cooked through and temperature is at least 165 degrees F. Stir occasionally to break meat up into crumbles. Adjust seasonings as needed before serving.
- Serve with corn or flour tortillas and your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado and salsa.
Taco Seasoning Recipe Chef’s Notes:
- You could use ground turkey breast in place of the beef if preferred. Also, any type of bean such as pinto or great northern could be used instead of the black beans.
- This recipe makes a lot and is very versatile. Leftovers could be used on salads, a baked potato stuffing or in burritos. It also freezes well for another meal when time is tight.
Calories: 227kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 25gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 145mgFiber: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!