Simple Cumin Crusted Tilapia
Tilapia is a quick-cooking and mild flavored fish. Dusting it with a little Wondra or flour gives it a nice crust while a combination of cumin and coriander gives it a nice flavor.
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 cup Wondra flour
- 1 lb tilapia filets
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, cumin and coriander.
- Put the Wondra in a shallow baking or pie dish.
- Squeeze the lemon half over the tilapia then evenly rub the spice mixture over the fish. Coat the tilapia in the Wondra flour on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the tilapia to the pan and cook on each side for about 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and flakes easily with a fork.
Chef’s Note: Wondra is as quick-mixing flour that you can find in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is great to add to sauces because it dissolves quickly without lumps. It is also a chef’s secret ingredient for seared fish dishes as it results in a nice golden crust. You could use regular all-purpose flour in its place, though the Wondra has a much finer texture.
Calories: 171kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 24gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 171mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!