Shrimp and Pea Pesto Pasta
Pesto sauce is a welcome addition to pasta for a change of pace and goes naturally with the flavors of shrimp, peas and fresh tomatoes.
- 1/2 box angel air pasta whole wheat preferred
- 1 12-oz bag frozen peas
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4-5 Tbsp pesto sauce
- 4 plum tomatoes diced
- Cook noodles according to package directions. When there is about 2 minutes of cooking time left, add frozen peas to the cooking noodles. When noodles are al dente, drain and put back in pan.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp to pan and cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add pesto to the cooked noodles and peas, stir well to combine. Turn heat to low and add tomatoes and shrimp. Combine well and stir gently until heated through. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Mix It Up: You can also add other fun, colorful veggies like red, green, or yellow peppers, squash, cucumber, sun dried tomatoes...the list can go on and on which makes this a very fun and creative recipe. Chef’s Notes: Check out Lesley’s Homemade Pesto recipe. Pesto is super easy to make if you have all the ingredients.
Calories: 420kcalCarbohydrates: 53gProtein: 35gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 449mgFiber: 11gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!