Shrimp and Broccoli Udon Noodles
This satisfying udon noodle bowl comes together quickly with fast cooking shrimp and broccoli.
- wok or deep skillet
- 8 oz udon noodles
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced (about 6 cloves)
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets and bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds optional
- Cook udon noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and stir fry for about 3 minutes until beginning to brown. Add the broccoli and continue to stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- Push the broccoli to the side and add the shrimp to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Add the chili paste, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and fish sauce to the pan. Cook for a minute and then add the noodles, tossing together well so the sauce is evenly distributed. Cook all together for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Mix It Up: Add bell peppers or use other veggies your family likes in place of the broccoli. If your family doesn’t like shrimp, use chicken instead. Chef’s Note: Udon noodles can be found in the Asian section of any major grocery or Asian specialty market.
Calories: 389kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 26gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 663mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!