Sesame Roasted Sugar Snap Peas
Roasting sugar snap peas is a great way to give this vegetable lots of flavor, especially when tossed with sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- 1 lb sugar snap peas trimmed
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Put the peas in a bowl and toss with the sesame oil and salt. Spread in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Roast in the oven about 10 to 15 minutes until the peas are tender and lightly browned. Turn the peas over halfway through for more even browning. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the peas and serve.
- Did you know that any edible plant with a seed is a fruit? Yep, this is true. Sugar snap peas are known as “pod fruits” because of the little pods inside their shell.
- Confession? Lesley has on more than one occasion come home from the grocery store on our cooking days with snow peas for a recipe that calls for sugar snap peas (or vice versa). She will learn one day, right?
Calories: 52kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 6gFat: 1gSodium: 134mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!