Steamed broccoli is given an Asian flare with a soy sauce based vinaigrette and topped with sesame seeds.
- 2 large bunches broccoli cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Steam broccoli about 5 to 10 minutes or until crisp tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and pepper.
- Put cooled broccoli in bowl with dressing and toss well to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and toss until evenly distributed. Serve warm or cold.
Chef’s Note: Toast the sesame seeds in a skillet or toaster until golden brown for an extra flavor boost. Make Ahead: This is an easy recipe to make a day in advance. Allowing the broccoli to marinate in the dressing longer brings out the flavor more. Nutrition Nugget: The broccoli in one serving of this salad gives you 100% of your Vitamin C for the day!
Calories: 151kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 6gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 142mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!