Rosemary Roasted Butternut Squash
Roasting butternut squash brings out its natural sweetness, and paired with the right herbs and spices makes it burst with flavor.
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed (about 4 cups diced)
- 1 tsp garlic minced, about 2 cloves
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or 2 sprigs fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butternut squash, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper until well coated. Spread mixture onto a large baking dish.
- Bake until squash is caramelized and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
Chef’s Note: 4 fresh sage leaves or 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage could be used in place of the rosemary. Simplify It: Buy butternut squash already peeled and cubed, which can be found in the produce section of most supermarkets.
Calories: 64kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 1gFat: 2gSodium: 84mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!