Roasted Red Pepper Soup
This roasted red pepper soup is fast to make and perfect for cold season since it is packed with Vitamin C.
- 3 red bell peppers roughly chopped
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 1 cup onion roughly chopped, about 1 medium onion
- 2 tsp garlic minced, about 4 cloves
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the red bell pepper, roasted peppers, onion and garlic in a food processor and pulse until pieces are relatively uniform in size.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the vegetables from the food processor to the sauce pan and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender. Pour in the chicken broth, stirring well, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth or use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Stir in the heavy cream and the black pepper and allow to heat through, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Nugget: Red peppers are packed with Vitamins A and C, both of which play a role in keeping your immune system strong.
Calories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 2gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 377mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!