Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable. Roasting cauliflower with garlic and then pureeing gives it tons of flavor and similar to mashed potatoes.
- 1 head cauliflower rinsed and separated into small florets
- 1/2 head garlic separated and peeled, about 6 cloves
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets and peeled garlic cloves in the olive oil until well coated. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Roast the cauliflower and garlic in the oven until the cauliflower and garlic are lightly browned and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Put the roasted cauliflower and garlic cloves into a food processor along with the sour cream and milk. Pulse to puree the mixture until it is smooth. Season with salt, pepper and onion powder. Serve warm.
Nutrition Nugget: Cauliflower has plenty of vitamin C, vitamin K and fiber. So don’t be fooled by the lack of color when it comes to cauliflower, it’s packed with nutrients!
Calories: 153kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 5gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 332mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!