Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness in vegetables like Brussels sprouts so that they don't require much further seasoning, though the possibilities are endless too if you want to add more flavor through different vinegars or spices.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir well to coat them evenly.
- Spread in a single layer on baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until browned.
Nutrition Nugget: Brussels Sprouts are the bomb food if you are looking for Vitamin C and Vitamin K. In just one serving of this recipe, you will get 117% of your daily needs of Vitamin C and 199% of your daily needs for Vitamin K. You also get a ton of Folate and Vitamin B-6, which are two of your "energy vitamins" that you hear a lot about these days.
Calories: 79kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 4gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 148mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!