Roasted Broccoli Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Kick up the flavor and nutrition of standard grilled cheese by adding in the toasty flavor of roasted broccoli. This is a great use for "planned" leftovers of Roasted Broccoli or roast some up to use in this recipe.
- 1 cup Roasted Broccoli
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Make the Roasted Broccoli according to recipe directions.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with the olive oil.
- Arrange 1 ounce of cheese on one slice of bread on the side without the olive oil. Arrange 1/4 cup of the Roasted Broccoli on top of the cheese. Top with another slice of bread (oiled side facing out).
- Using a panini press, grill pan or a regular skillet cook the sandwiches on each side until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Roasted Broccoli Recipe Make Ahead: Make the Roasted Broccoli a day or two in advance for faster preparation. Use any leftover Roasted Broccoli not used in this recipe as an extra vegetable side for another meal or as a snack. Chef's Notes: If you need a tasty soup to go along with this fancied-up grilled cheese, check out our Tomato and White Bean Soup.
Calories: 375kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 16gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 719mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!