Roast Beef and Provolone Sandwich
These yummy sandwiches are a great way to repurpose leftovers from our Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef.
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion julienned
- 2 bell peppers (whatever colors you prefer) julienned
- 3 cups Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef find link to recipe below in notes
- 1 cup reserved juices from Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef find link to recipe below in notes
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 slices provolone cheese cut in half
- In large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and peppers. Cook until browned and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile re-heat the leftover balsamic beef in a small pan or in the microwave. Heat the juices as well, though keep separate from the meat.
- Lightly toast the rolls. Assemble the sandwiches by placing 3/4 cup of the beef mixture on the bottom of each roll. Top with onions and peppers and two half slices of provolone cheese to cover the mixture. Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted. Top with the other half of the roll. Serve with the beef juices in a small bowl on the side of each sandwich for easy dunking.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef Recipe Chef’s Note: Using a whole wheat sandwich thin and ½ cup of the meat mixture will cut back on the amount of calories and fat in this recipe.
Calories: 617kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 45gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 686mgFiber: 4gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!