Couscous is a fast cooking grain and can be made all the more flavorful by adding a variety of vegetables and seasonings to it.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup zucchini diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water and olive oil to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, pepper, zucchini and onion. Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in lemon juice, salt, pepper and feta cheese. Serve.
Calories: 133kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 5gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 213mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!