Quick Quinoa Veggie Bowl
This is the perfect bowl to have for lunch. This recipe makes 4 servings which can be shared with a spouse for 2 days’ worth of lunches or 4 days for yourself. It’s versatile so swap out the veggies for others you have on hand or add your favorite nuts or cheese.
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked multicolored quinoa
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the quinoa to the boiling water. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until tender and all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While quinoa is cooking, place broccoli in microwavable bowl with 1 tablespoon water and cook for 5 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Build your bowl by starting with 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa in each, then topping with 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, 1/4 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup carrots and 1/4 of the avocado. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons feta cheese and 1 tablespoon pine nuts.
- If you want more flavor for your quinoa, cook in vegetable or chicken stock instead of water.
- Carrots and broccoli may be steamed or roasted in the oven with olive oil if you prefer. To roast broccoli and carrots, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss vegetables with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and roast until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Add edamame, bell peppers, peas or any other vegetable you love for more variety.
- Add tofu, egg, or a meat for an additional protein source.
- You can also swap out the quinoa with brown rice, farro, freekah, black bean pasta or couscous.
Calories: 370kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 11gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 376mgFiber: 8gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!