Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats
Prep this oatmeal the night before and let your slow cooker do the work so that in the morning you wake up to the amazing smell of pumpkin and cinnamon in your home.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce or apple butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups soy milk, or milk of your preference
- In a large Pyrex bowl or glass dish that will fit inside your slow cooker insert, combine oats, flax seed, pumpkin, applesauce, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly pour in the milk and stir to combine.
- Carefully place the bowl with all of your ingredients in the slow cooker insert. Fill the insert with water until it reaches the same level as the ingredients in the bowl. Cover the slow cooker insert with the lid and cook on low for 7 hours.
- When finished cooking, stir, and add more liquid if desired. Sprinkle with your favorite toppings like chopped apple or sliced almonds. Enjoy!
Chef’s Note: You can make this oatmeal without using a bowl inside of the slow cooker and just cook it directly in the slow cooker insert, just add a little more liquid. The bowl method turns out a better texture oatmeal, in my opinion, and is easier to clean up but I’ve prepared it both ways with success.
Calories: 384kcalCarbohydrates: 61gProtein: 14gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 76mgFiber: 10gSugar: 17g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!