Pumpkin French Toast
Pumpkin French Toast is a seasonal treat or whenever the pumpkin mood strikes. For a special occasion, use a thicker bread like challah, instead of whole wheat sandwich bread.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with oil or cooking spray.
- Mix together all of the ingredients, except the bread, in a shallow dish.
- Dip the bread in the batter to cover each side and place the battered bread in the pan. Cook until browned on each side. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Serve with your desired toppings like powdered sugar, syrup or sliced fresh fruit.
Chef's Note: Add a dash of nutmeg and cloves for more flavor.
Calories: 104kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 6gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 146mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!