Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
Using a bread machine to make the dough makes this a much easier and faster way to have delicious, fluffy crescent rolls. This recipes makes a lot and the leftovers freeze well.
- Bread machine
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter softened, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 package instant active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Put all of the ingredients (pumpkin through yeast; save the melted butter for later) in the order listed in a 2-pound bread machine. Run the dough cycle.
- Punch down the dough and place on a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough in half and then roll out each in a 12 inch circle. Brush each with 1 tablespoon of melted butter (or olive oil if you prefer). Then cut into 12 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge, starting from the larger end to the tip. Pinch at the end to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover with a clean dish towel and allow to rise in a warm spot for about 30 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes or until beginning to brown.
Calories: 130kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 5gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 45mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!