Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
These dairy-free muffins are packed with the flavors of fall. This recipe can make up to 30 muffins or 2 loaves of bread.
- 3 cups (339 grams) white whole wheat flour
- 5 tsp pumpkin pie spice (see notes for making your own)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar unpacked
- 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pans or use muffin liners. If making bread, grease and flour 2 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, canola oil, applesauce and orange juice until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake the muffins for 20-22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 5 minutes and then remove muffins and cool completely on a wire rack. If making bread, bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pans and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
Chef's Note: To make your own pumpkin pie spice (5 tsp), use:
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground dry mustard
Calories: 144kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 3gFat: 5gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 208mgFiber: 2gSugar: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!