Pumpkin Apple Breakfast Cookies
Yes, you can have cookies for breakfast when they are these whole grain ones full of the flavors of fall - pumpkin and apples!
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1 medium apple peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, flaxseed, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the remaining ingredients, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Spoon onto a sheet pan lined with a silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Chef’s Note: For a finer texture, run the oatmeal through a food processor. If you are using regular oats rather than the quick cooking ones, you definitely want to run it through a food processor first for a better texture in the finished product.
Calories: 99kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 3gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 41mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!