Pumped Up Sunny Sesame Salmon Bites
Salmon is super healthy and super yummy! Try this twist on the traditional filet serving of salmon and create salmon bites with a coating of wonderful seeds and panko crumbs. You will love it!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- dash of salt and pepper optional
- 1 lb salmon cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine all of the seeds in a food processor and grind to the consistency you like. If you like it a bit crunchier do not grind them too much.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the seed mixture with the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour oil into a medium size bowl.
- Coat the salmon in the oil then coat it in the breading seed mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all of the salmon.
- Mist each salmon bite with a little cooking spray so they will brown nicely.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
Chef’s Note: Serve these bites plain or with the side sauce from the Broiled Parmesan Tilapia recipe (one tip is to heat the sauce in an oven-safe ramekin before serving), ketchup, or another dressing you may like. Make Ahead: You can make a double batch of the breading mixture to use with other recipes, like our Chicken Bites. Store the extra mixture in an airtight container in the freezer. Simplify It: Don’t cut the salmon into bite sized pieces, just bread the whole fillets.
Calories: 463kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 31gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 285mgFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!