Power Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup peanut powder
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 Tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chilled butter cut into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour, oats, peanut powder, hemp seeds, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In another medium size bowl, whisk together the bananas, eggs, brown sugar, butter and milk until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Put the blueberries and ½ tablespoon of sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 1 minute intervals, stirring at the end of each one, until blueberries being to release their liquids and slightly smashed. Spread blueberries evenly over mixture in pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients: oats, flour, cinnamon and brown sugar. Cut the butter in with 2 knives, or use your hands to crumble and distribute butter throughout mixture so it resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool in pan completely before cutting and serving.
- These are not that sweet, which we like and our children did as well. However, you can add a little more sugar to the mixture or the topping if you prefer.
- Peanut powder can be purchased in the regular peanut butter aisle in the grocery store now.
- Hemp hearts are hulled hemp seeds. If you can’t find them, use ground flaxseed or chia seeds instead.
Calories: 222kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 7gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 60mgFiber: 4gSugar: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!