Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce
This recipe makes your pork chops more succulent because of the nice "gravy" that is placed on top. It is super easy to prepare the sauce and can be made ahead of time.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops 1 inch thick, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 + 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper divided
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs such as parsley or chives chopped
- Season the pork with salt and ½ teaspoon pepper on both sides. In a large skillet heat the butter over medium heat. Add the pork chops to the pan and cook for 7 minutes. Turn the pork chops over and cook another 7 to 8 minutes or until chops are browned and the inside is cooked to medium (150°F). Remove the chops and put in a warm spot.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes or until soft. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cook for about 3 minutes or until it reduces to about a ½ cup. Stir in the mustard, herbs, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Put the pork chops on a platter and pour the sauce over them.
Calories: 278kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 45gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 659mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!