Pepperoni Pizza Burgers
These kid-friendly burgers are a fun spin on a regular cheeseburger.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- 8 pepperoni slices
- 4 Tbsp marinara sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, whole grain
- Put ground beef and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Using your hands, mix together and form into four patties. In a nonstick skillet, cook the burgers until browned, then flip over. Lay 1 slice of cheese on each burger and top with 2 slices of pepperoni. Allow burger to cook all the way through while the cheese melts and the pepperoni warms.
- Meanwhile, toast the buns in a toaster until golden and crisp. Spread ½ tablespoon of marinara sauce on each bun half.
- Put cooked patty on bottom bun then top with the other half. Serve immediately.
Chef’s Tip: If burger mixture is crumbly when trying to form into patties, add a lightly beaten egg to mixture to help bind the meat while forming the patties. If you do not like to touch the raw meat with your hands, try using food preparation plastic gloves that you can buy at any grocery store.
Calories: 404kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 35gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 646mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!