Parchment Salmon with Asparagus and Blue Potatoes
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced purple potatoes
- 2 8-oz boneless, skinless center-cut salmon fillets,
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 spears asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut 2 large squares of parchment paper. Fold each square of parchment paper in half. Starting on the folded side, cut a half heart shape out of the paper. Open the fold and you should see a heart shape.
- For each parchment paper packet: drizzle 1/2 teaspoon olive oil on one half of the paper. Arrange the potatoes over the olive oil. Place the salmon on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Place the asparagus around the salmon. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the salmon and asparagus. Arrange the lemon slices on the salmon and place the thyme sprig on top.
- Fold the parchment paper over and roll edges together starting with the rounded side. At the pointy end of the paper, fold it back towards the rolled side and roll it in to seal. Repeat with the other packets.
- Place fish packets on a baking sheet and place in the middle of the preheated oven. Bake approximately 20 minutes or until fish and vegetables are cooked through.
- To serve, open packet and discard thyme sprigs. Transfer to a plate. Each packet should be 2 servings.
Nutrition Nugget: Not only do purple potatoes add a splash of color to your dish, they are also deliciously nutritious. They are rich in antioxidants, as well as a great source of potassium and vitamin C.
Calories: 293kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 23gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 182mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!