Panko Crusted Fish with Herb Dipping Sauce
The fish could easily be cut into strips before breading to make fish sticks or fish nuggets for a more kid-friendly dish.
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs tilapia fillets (or other white fish)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp dried parsley (or 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp prepared white horseradish sauce
- lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F, with racks in the top and bottom third of the oven. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Place egg in a wide, shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and olive oil. Dip fish into egg, shaking off excess, then into Panko mixture, pressing to adhere on both sides. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cooking time will depend upon the thickness of your fish.
- While fish is cooking, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, and horseradish in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve fish with sauce and lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Nugget: Use plain low-fat Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise to increase the protein and decrease the fat content.
Calories: 289kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 24gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 384mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!