Oven Dried Grape Tomatoes
This is an easy way to preserve summer fresh tomatoes to enjoy in other dishes.
- 1 lb grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil and seasonings in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spread in one layer on a rack fitted on a baking sheet. (If you do not have a rack, then spread on parchment paper on a baking sheet and turn over half way through baking.)
- Bake tomatoes for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until dried out with just a little bit of moisture left. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can use any herbs, fresh or dry, when oven drying the tomatoes. Salt and pepper would also be good additions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!